Thursday, August 11, 2011

Beyond Method #7

I chose to explore Google Docs and this was my first experience with any of the "next generation" presentation tools described in this method. Google Docs offers an interface similar to Microsoft Office PowerPoint, but with limited features and design options.

In general, online presentation tools would be subject to many of the same pros and cons as any cloud based application. Based on my experimentation with Google Docs, I would choose Microsoft Office PowerPoint, when available, for its broader selection of features. However, online presentation tools would lend themselves better to collaborating with other individuals or accessing a presentation remotely. Further experience would be helpful in order for me to offer informed assistance to patrons seeking to use online presentation tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment