Thursday, August 18, 2011

Beyond Method #10

I have attended a few webinars which utilized online conferencing tools and I think WebEx was the specific platform used by the webinar host. In the past my family has used the phone feature of Skype to make long distance calls.

My library is not currently using any web conferencing tools in conjunction with staff or patrons. Our library does not have branches, so all the staff is in the same building and therefore can communicate in person rather than long distance. At this time I don't perceive a patron demand for web conferencing services from our library, although perhaps in the future some experimentation could take place with offering adult programs in the form of webinars in addition to traditional in-person events.

No comments:

Post a Comment