Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Beyond Method #6

I found Project Gutenberg easy to use, at least to the extent of reading a book on a computer. Here is the link to the ebook I opened: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/1342 .

I was interested to discover this title is also available as an audiobook, and I think some of our patrons would be interested in Project Gutenberg as a source of classic, downloadable audiobooks in contrast to the newer releases offered through other ebook/eaudiobook platforms. Method #6 prompted me to do some research, and I learned the process of transferring an ebook or eaudiobook from Project Gutenberg to an ereader is fairly simple.

At my library, ebooks in general continue to be an often confusing, but very popular, library service. I wonder sometimes where this current ebook trend and its associated technology will go in the future and how we will look back on these early years....

No comments:

Post a Comment